These afe my modifiedd countor drawings they were quite harder then i tjougjt theyd be only being able to draw with one comtinues line was such a struggle because i wasnt aloud to raise fhe pen
This is the beginning assesment drawings
These are my blind countor drawings of my hand. It was a very hard process but with practice can be mastered. It was truely a atruggle not seeing the paper but it honestly helped a little bit because it helped my focus
Contour Room DrawingDrawing
This is the contour drawing it was stressful but worth the frusturation. the lines were hard to complete because you couldn't pick up your pen and as a sketch artist it was difficult not being ablt to pick up your pen
this is the contour shoe, it took quite a while to do and i did struggle on things like the dots in the front toe and even the laces. it was honestly pretty frusturating
Drawing Critique-Still Life
Name: Xavier Merino
1. Describe the craftsmanship of your drawing. (Is it clear, clean edges, blended well, smudges, defined space, etc.)
It's actually not that clear it has lots of dark raw edges. It has a lot of lights and darks with a tad bit of smudged lines.
2. Are your values and shadows realistic? How many values did you include? How and why are values important?
I tried my best to make very neat realistic shadows but there are actually lots of darks. There were lots of really dark areas where the softer lead and smudges kind of overtook the white paper
3. Is there a clear source of lighting?
4. How important were the compositional sketches? Explain.
The compositional sketches were very important because it helped with practicing different areas of the same picture so once the larger picture had to be drawn it was already practiced beforehand.
5. How is your final drawing successful?
It was less successful in the aspect of the drawing itself but it was very successful because i got to practice with shading and different value changes with the drawing pencils.
6. Are the proportions, structure and perspective of the subject correct
I don't believe so but i did try my best
7. Does the placement & grouping of objects create a pleasing arrangement (composition)?
Actually i would say so, the arrangement had lots of very dark and darker but still light areas that made things easier to shade all at once